SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Divide sugar cookie dough among 4 small mixing bowls. Add 2 tablespoons almond paste and desired food coloring to each bowl of cookie dough.
2. Using clean beaters for each dough, beat with a handheld electric mixer on medium speed until color is well mixed. Break off small pieces of different colors of dough and shape them into the following kinds of flowers, or create your own flower shapes.
3. For daisy- or pansy-style flowers, shape colored dough into 1/4- to 1/2-inch balls. Use the balls for the flower centers and petals. Or, flatten the balls to make petals. If desired, overlap the petals around the center.
4. For tulips, roll colored dough into 2-1/2-inch-long logs. Place 5 logs side by side; pinch the logs together at one end to make the flower stem base. Curl out the tips at the other end to make opening petals.
5. If desired, sprinkle the flowers with colored sugars, coarse sugar, or edible glitter. Place flowers 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. For 2-1/2- to 3-inch cookies, bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are light brown. Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Makes about 24 (2-1/2- to 3-inch) cookies.