SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Thaw crab, if frozen; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine egg, 1/4 cup of the fine dry bread crumbs, the finely chopped green onions, the 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing, 1 tablespoon parsley, thyme, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Add crab; mix well. Shape crab mixture into four 3/4 -inch-thick patties.
3. In a small bowl combine remaining fine dry bread crumbs and cornmeal. Coat patties with cornmeal mixture.
4. In a large skillet heat the cooking oil; add crab cakes. Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes on each side or until crab cakes are golden and heated through, adding additional oil, if necessary.
5. For tartar sauce, in a small bowl stir together the 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing, chopped dill pickle or sweet pickle relish, 1 tablespoon sliced green onion, 1 tablespoon parsley, the pimiento, and lemon juice. Serve crab cakes on a bed of salad greens and top with tartar sauce, if desired. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired. Makes 4 servings.