SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer in a 2-quart square baking dish or 10x2-inch round baking dish.
2. Beat the 2/3 cup sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs; beat until fluffy. Stir in the 1 cup whipping cream, raisins, and vanilla. Pour over bread cubes.
3. Place baking dish in a larger baking pan on the oven rack. Pour boiling water into larger pan around dish to a depth of 1 inch. Bake in a 325 degree F. oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove dish from hot water. Cool slightly.Whiskey Sauce:
4. In a small saucepan combine the 3/4 cup sugar, the cornstarch, and cinnamon. Stir in the 3/4 cup whipping cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat; stir in bourbon.
5. Serve warm bread pudding with the whiskey sauce. Store any remaining sauce in a covered container in refrigerator. Reheat over low heat, stirring occasionally. Makes 6 servings.