SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a small saucepan bring the water to boiling. Stir in uncooked rice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove pan from heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Allow the rice to cool about 15 minutes.
2. Stir the 1 beaten egg and 1 cup of the crumbled feta cheese into the cooled rice.
3. Using your fingers, a spatula, or the bottom of a drinking glass, press rice mixture into bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-inch glass pie plate, building edge high to keep filling from spilling over during baking. Bake crust for 10 minutes or until set.
4. In a medium bowl stir milk into flour until thoroughly combined. Stir in the remaining feta cheese, the 3 beaten eggs, the salmon, chopped spinach, green onions, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pour milk mixture into the prebaked rice crust.
5. Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree F oven for about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary, cover the edge of the crust with foil to prevent overbrowning. Let the pie stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle top of pie with walnuts. Makes 6 main-dish servings.