SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare Banana Bread. Or, if frozen, thaw one loaf at room temperature about 1 hour. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes (should have about 6 cups). Place bread cubes in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Add figs or dates; toss gently to mix. In a large mixing bowl beat together eggs, milk, sugar, melted margarine or butter, vanilla, and cardamom. Pour over bread mixture. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly.
2. To serve, spoon warm bread pudding into individual dessert dishes. Spoon warm Chocolate-Grand Marnier Sauce over pudding. Makes 12 servings.
1. Heat and stir semisweet chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat just until melted. Stir in whipping cream, sugar, and Grand Marnier, amaretto, or other liqueur. Cook and stir over medium-low heat about 3 minutes or until mixture just boils around edges. Remove from heat. Cover and cool slightly.
1. In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium bananas), margarine or butter, softened, and milk. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and 1 cup flour; beat until blended. Stir in chopped toasted walnuts.
2. Pour into two greased 8x4x2-inch loaf pans. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool thoroughly on wire racks.