SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Grease and flour two 9x1-1/2-inch round baking pans. Stir together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl beat egg yolks with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes. Beat in first 1/2 cup sugar on low speed; beat in water and lemon juice. Wash beaters.
2. In mixing bowl beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add second 1/2 cup sugar; beat at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in the yolk mixture. Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Divide batter between pans.
3. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Remove from pans immediately. Cool. Split layers in half horizontally.
4. Place thawed berries in a blender container. Cover; blend until smooth. Strain to remove seeds. Stir in the 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside. In a 1-cup heat-safe measure combine orange juice or liqueur and gelatin; let stand 5 minutes. Place measure in a saucepan filled with 1 inch of water. Heat until gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly. Beat whipping cream and 3 tablespoons sugar to soft peaks. Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating to stiff peaks. Reserve 3-1/2 cups of the whipped cream. To remaining whipped cream, fold in berry puree and 2 cups of the fresh berries.
5. Place a cake layer on a platter; top with 1/3 of the berry mixture. Repeat twice. Top with last layer. Frost cake with reserved whipped cream. Cover; chill 6 hours or overnight. To serve, garnish with remaining fresh raspberries. Makes 12 servings.