SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Grease and flour a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon,nutmeg, cloves, and ginger; set aside. Beat egg yolks with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating on high speed until sugar is almost dissolved. Wash beaters.
2. Beat egg whites on medium to high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Add 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Fold 1 cup of egg white mixture into yolk mixture. Fold yolk mixture into remaining egg white mixture. Fold in flour mixture. Spread in prepared pan.
3. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen cake from pan. Invert onto a towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll up cake and towel, jelly-roll style, starting from one of the short sides. Cool.
4. Meanwhile, for filling, bring apricots and water to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch. Stir into apricot mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Cool. Do not stir.
5. Unroll cake. Spread filling over cake. Roll up cake as before. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Cover and store in refrigerator up to 4 hours. Makes 10 servings.
1. Beat together cream cheese; butter or margarine; and vanilla. Add sifted powdered sugar. Beat until of spreading consistency.