- 3 egg yolks
- Red, green, and yellow liquid food coloring
- 3 teaspoons water
- Two 7.5-ounce package refrigerated biscuits
- One 8-ounce can pizza sauce
- One 3.5-ounce package of sliced pepperoni
- One 8-ounce package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 small tomato and parsley sprig
- 2 pimiento-stuffed green olives
1. Place egg yolks in three small bowls. Add 1 teaspoon water and several drops of desired food coloring to each bowl. Beat each egg mixture with a fork until well combined; set aside.
2. On a lightly floured surface, flatten each biscuit to a 4-inch circle, using hands or rolling pin.
3. Place a small amount of pizza sauce (about 1 tablespoon) up to 1/4 inch from the edge of one of the flattened biscuits. Top with pepperoni and cheese.
4. Place a few carrot shreds around edge of biscuit, forming legs.
5. Wet edge of biscuit with water. Top with another flattened biscuit and press edges of biscuits together with fingers to seal.
7. Cut a small slice from bottom of tomato. Attach olives to tomato with toothpicks to form eyes. Press in two shreds of carrot for antennae. Top head with a parsley sprig. Arrange to form the pizzapede.