Springtime Fish Entertaining Menu
This menu is so easy it might become a common meal at your house. Following the timetable will leave you plenty of time to visit with guests.
Upload your photo here.
Main CourseRed Snapper with Carrot and Fennel
DessertBlueberry-Sour Cream Dessert
This timeline shows you how far in advance food preparation for the menu can take place. Following these tips allows maximum time with your guests and minimum fuss.
Up to 3 days before dinner
- Prepare ratatouille. Cool, cover, and refrigerate.
Up to 2 days before dinner
- Slice and chop all vegetables for fish; store together in a zip-top bag and refrigerate.
- Prepare Tapenade.
- Prepare dressing for Wilted Spinach Salad. Follow step 2 for dressing. Cool, transfer to a jar, and refrigerate.
Up to 1 day before dinner
- Wash and dry spinach for salad if necessary. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare Wild Rice and Barley Pilaf. Cool, cover, and refrigerate.
- Prepare Blueberry-Sour Cream Dessert. Refrigerate.
Up to 6 hours before dinner
- Toast bread slices for tapenade.
3 hours before dinner
- Bring tapenade to room temperature.
- Bring ratatouille to room temperature.
40 minutes before dinner
- Saute vegetables for fish; set up entree for baking.
- Heat ratatouille if serving hot; stir in extra basil.
- Bring blueberry desert to room temperature.
20 minutes before dinner
- Transfer Wilted Spinach Salad dressing to skillet, heat, and toss with spinach.
- Reheat pilaf in microwave at 50 percent power, stirring occasionally. Top with almonds when hot.
15 minutes before dinner
- Place fish in 450-degree oven to cook.