Country Garden Table Setting
Rustic and charming, this country tableau uses natural and botanical treasures as its inspiration.
Use a pretty floral china pattern as your inspiration for a garden- and nature-themed table setting. Mix vintage dinnerware patterns like ours, and tuck in cotton napkins as an added burst of color.
Cover your table with a homespun runner of linen or muslin. Or photocopy pages from a book of botanicals or old gardening book, and use these as place mats. (Tip: If you'd like to reuse the mats, have them copied and laminated at a copy center.)
We've topped our dishes with a faux bird's nest from a craft store. Inside, candy in the shape of tiny bird's eggs makes a sweet and edible decoration.
Make Botanical Notebooks
- These botanical notebooks can be used as party decorations or guest favors. Begin by cutting a long strip of floral-pattern paper the width of a scallop-edge card.
- Accordion-fold the strip to fit inside the card. Score down the length of the card front 1/2 inch in from the left side.
- Place the folded strip between the card front and back; punch two holes through all the layers at the left side.
- Thread ribbon through the holes; tie closed.
- Glue the end folds of the floral paper to the inside of the card front and back.
- Attach small glassine envelopes to the pages, add seeds, and label each page.