Book Club Lunch Entertaining Menu
Having guests for lunch is so easy with this mostly do-ahead menu. There's plenty of time to get it all together before noon. You can serve the quiche hot or at room temperature -- either way is good. Be sure to thaw the biscotti in a safe place. You want to be sure they're still there when your guest show up!
Upload your photo here.
This timeline shows you how far in advance food preparation for the menu can take place. Following these tips allows maximum time with your guests and minimum fuss.
Up to 1 month before lunch
- Prepare pastry for single-crust pie. Wrap and freeze.
- Bake Almond Biscotti. Cool, wrap well, and freeze.
Up to 2 weeks before dinner
- Prepare honey-mustard dressing. Cover and refrigerate.
Up to 2 days before lunch
- Thaw piecrust in refrigerator.
- Thaw biscotti at room temperature.
Up to 1 day before lunch
- Dice ham and shred cheese for quiche. Cover and refrigerate.
- Wash and dry greens for salad. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare Melon and Berries Salad. Cover and refrigerate.
Up to 6 hours before lunch
- Prepare sangria. Cover and refrigerate.
Up to 2 hours before lunch
- Prepare quiche.
10 minutes before lunch
- Toss salad greens with honey-mustard dressing.
- Toss fruit salad with mint and sprinkle with fresh berries.