This dish serves as a main attraction at Zubrzycki's Warsaw Inn in McHenry, Illinois.
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 of a green or red sweet pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1. In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, green pepper, and onion.
2. For the dressing, combine the remaining ingredients.
3. Add dressing to cabbage, stirring well. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Makes 6 to 8 servings.