These potatos, from Joan Laux of Valparaiso, Indiana, are best served hot off the grill.
- 12 to 15 tiny whole new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- Dash garlic powder
1. Scrub potatoes. Cut each in half, or quarter extra-large potatoes. Place in a microwave-safe 1 1/2-quart casserole with the water. Microcook, covered, on 100% power (high) for 4 to 5 minutes or till just tender, stirring once. Drain and cool the potatoes slightly.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, chicken broth, Italian seasoning and garlic powder till well combined. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Cover and chill the mixture for at least 1 hour.
3. Thread potatoes onto 4 long skewers, leaving about 1/4 inch between pieces. Grill kabobs in an uncovered grill directly over medium coals 12 to 14 minutes or till golden, turning occasionally. Makes 4 to 6 side-dish servings.