- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), undrained
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper, if desired
2. Process or blend until smooth. Spoon into a serving bowl.
- Whole wheat pita bread wedges, pita crisps, bagel chips, carrot sticks, and/or celery sticks.
Here's the nutrition scoop: 114 calories, 4 g protein, 6 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrates, and 3 g fiber. Daily Values: 0% vit. A, 7% vit. C, 3% calcium, and 12% iron in each serving (about 1/4 cup).