How Long to Cook a Whole Chicken
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds: Roast at 375 degrees F for 1 to 1-1/4 hours
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds: Roast at 375 degrees F for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds: Roast at 375 degrees F for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours
- 4-1/2 to 5 pounds: Roast at 375 degrees F for 1-1/2 to 2 hours
See roasted chicken recipes
How Long to Cook Chicken Pieces
Use these cooking guides for chicken breast halves, drumsticks, and thighs with bone.
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds total: 375 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes.
See our all-time favorite chicken recipes
How Long to Cook Capons
Capons are roosters that are fattened up on a diet that accelerates growth and earns them a trip to market before they are 10 years old. Weighing between 4 and 10 pounds, capons have large breasts and tender, juicy, flavorful meat that takes well to roasting.