Foods Not to Freeze
These foods lose flavor, texture, or overall quality when frozen.
Freezing is a great way to safely preserve the freshness of most foods. But unless you know which foods you should not freeze, you may be compromising taste.
Here are some foods you should not try to freeze:
- Battered and fried foods
- Cooked egg whites and yolks, as well as icings made with egg whites
- Cottage and ricotta cheeses
- Custard and cream pies or desserts with cream fillings
- Soups and stews made with potatoes, which can darken and become mushy when frozen
- Soups and stews thickened with cornstarch or flour
- Sour cream
- Stuffed chops or chicken breasts
- Whole eggs in the shell, whether raw or cooked