How to Cook Carrots
When cooked, fresh carrots lend a sweet, slightly tangy flavor to dishes. They're also delicious raw. Here's how to prepare fresh carrots.
Note: You can use purchased peeled baby carrots as well. In that case, measure 3-1/2 cups baby carrots and follow the steps below.
How to Cook Carrots on the Stove
Cook 1 pound carrots, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water until crisp-tender:
How to Steam Carrots
In a steamer cook 1 pound carrots until crisp-tender:
How to Roast Carrots
- Cut 1 pound carrots into 1-inch pieces. Arrange cut carrots or baby carrots in a baking pan.
- Toss carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and other seasonings, if desired.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil; stir carrots.
- Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes more or until carrots are tender.