Graham Cracker Crumbs Substitute for Piecrust
Run out of graham cracker crumbs? No problem! Here are our five favorite substitutes for piecrust.
Depending on what flavor of pie you are making, try one of these substitutions. For every 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs, use:
- 1½ cups crushed gingersnaps (about 22 cookies): This crust is wonderful with apple, pear, and pumpkin pies.
- 1½ cups crushed vanilla wafer cookies (about 33 cookies): This versatile crust complements almost any filling.
- 1½ cups crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 32 cookies): This dark chocolaty crust goes best with raspberry, chocolate, caramel, or butterscotch fillings.
- 1½ cups crushed sandwich cookies (about 21 cookies): Omit sugar from piecrust recipe. Try this crust with a peanut butter pie!
- 1½ cups crushed cornflakes: This one is ready for almost any filling.
continue reading below