Instead of butter or margarine, use olive oil -- just remember it's still important to limit the amount. Here are 10 simple ways to get started:
1. Lightly brush olive oil onto bread to make your favorite grilled sandwich.
2. Stir olive oil and roasted garlic into mashed potatoes.
3. Lightly toss steamed vegetables with olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper.
4. Drizzle olive oil over broiled fish.
5. Dip bread into a small dish of olive oil seasoned with pepper and oregano.
6. Sprinkle olive oil over air-popped popcorn.
7. Lightly brush olive oil over corn on the cob.
8. Use olive oil in place of salty meats in a bean soup.
9. Bake winter squash with olive oil, parsley, and garlic.
10. Sprinkle olive oil over a baked potato and hold the sour cream.