These entrees are more special than basic burgers or hot dogs. Every menu includes ideas for quick sides and a dessert to make a complete meal - fast
Check out our great recipes and menu suggestions below
Mustard-Glazed Halibut SteaksMustard-Glazed Halibut Steak
A simple sauce of melted butter or margarine, lemon juice, Dijon-style mustard, and basil adds a scintillating note to these sizzling grilled fish steaks.
- Sweetly spiced couscous: Toss couscous with a dusting of cinnamon, currants, toasted pine nuts, salt, and pepper.
- Steamed vegetables: Save time and buy precut veggies; steam them, add a pat of butter, a sprinkling of fresh herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Peach clouds: Top ripe slices of peach with a dollop of sour cream and a generous sprinkling of brown sugar.
Grilled Flank Steak with Triple Dipping SaucesFlank Steak & 3 Dipping Sauces
Kids and grown-ups alike can have fun with this dish. To eat, dip lettuce in the sauce of your choice, add an herb, wrap it around the grilled beef, and gently slide it off the skewer to have a lettuce-wrapped steak sandwich of your own making!
- Melty cheese bread: Lightly butter one side of each bread slice, place buttered side down over indirect heat, top with shredded cheese, cover and cook until cheese melts.
- Grilled asparagus: Toss asparagus lightly with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook in grill pan until slightly charred and tender.
- Purchased chocolate brownies served with fresh sweetened whipped cream
Herb-and-Lemon-Crusted Game HensHerb-and-Lemon-Crusted Game Hens
If more guests come than expected, break out your poultry shears and cut these in half before serving. It's still a satisfying portion.
- Bruschetta: Grill Italian bread, rub with garlic clove, and top with tomatoes tossed with orange zest, salt, pepper, and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
- Gorgonzola salad: In screw-topped jar vigorously shake three parts good olive oil to one part vinegar, a healthy dose of gorgonzola, pepper, and a handful of herbs, such as rosemary, and serve with mixed salad greens.
- Fresh fruit with sweetened mascarpone
Portobello Pasta BowlsPortobello Pasta Bowls
The gills on the underside of the portobello cap can discolor the other ingredients in the recipe; that's why they should be scraped away with a teaspoon.
- Nut-studded salad: Toss your favorite greens with toasted pine nuts or pecans, top with high-quality Parmesan cheese shavings, and serve with your favorite light vinaigrette.
- Bean salad: Drain and rinse beans of your choice, chopped red onions, jarred roasted sweet red peppers, lemon juice and zest, salt, pepper, and a dash of oil.
- Cheese and fruit plate
Caribbean-Style Jerk-Rubbed RibsCaribbean-Style Jerk-Rubbed Ribs
Before grilling, apply this sweet-and-spicy seasoning to pork ribs (grill over indirect heat), dark meat portions of chicken and turkey, or boneless duck breast.
- Cumin-cayenne corn: On the grill in a small heat-resistant bowl, melt butter with a dash of cayenne and some crushed cumin seed. Brush flavored butter onto grilled corn.
- Onion potato salad: Add zesty flavor, color, and texture to purchased potato salad with a trio of onions: chopped sweet onions, scallions, and red onions.
- Gingered strawberry shortcakes: Marinate cut strawberries with orange zest and chopped crystallized ginger. Top grilled pound cake slices with strawberry melange and whipped cream.