What You Need:
- Large dill pickle
- 2 small sweet banana peppers with stems
- 2 whole cloves
- 10 dill-pickled gherkins
1. Cut a narrow slit in the front of the large dill pickle for the mouth -- get help from an adult for all cutting.
2. Cut away a short section of each banana pepper at the stem end for eyes. Do not remove the stems. With a toothpick, poke two holes in the pickle large enough to receive the stems. Insert the stems, then push a clove into the center of each eye.
3. Use two gherkins for each front limb. For the hand, make a diagonal cut at the end of two of the gherkins. For fingers, make two V-cuts. Attach to body with toothpicks.
4. For each hind leg, use three gherkins: two for the upper and lower leg, and one for the foot. Attach the leg sections with toothpicks.