How to Eat a Lobster
Learn how to get the most from this seafood celebrity.
Upload your photo here.
Take a look at these tips for preparing Boiled Lobster:
2. Using kitchen shears, cut away the membrane from the tail to expose the meat. Discard the intestinal vein that runs through the tail.
3. Twist off the large claws where they join the body.
- For broiling and grilling, butterfly lobster tails so they will cook evenly. To do so, partially thaw frozen lobster tails.
- Cut through the center of hard top shell with kitchen shears or a sharp, heavy knife. Cut through meat with a sharp knife, but do not cut through the undershell. Spread the meat open in the shell.
- If you prefer to leave the lobster tails intact, thaw them, then cut off the thin undershell membrane with kitchen shears. Bend the tail back to crack the shell, or insert long skewers lengthwise between the shell and the meat to prevent curling.