Special Occasion Menu
This Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade menu means a quick, easy meal you'll be proud to serve your guests. The secret to the ease and speed of the meal is using great-tasting packaged foods as the base for shortcuts.
This timeline shows you how far in advance food preparation for this menu can take place. Following these tips allows maximum time with your guests and minimum fuss.
Up 4 days before dinner:
- For sourdough dressing, cook off the sausage and mix with onion mushroom soup mix. Store in refrigerator.
- Chop fresh parsley for dressing; store in refrigerator.
- Cut up sourdough into croutons; store at room temperature.
2 days before dinner:
- Prepare potato recipe through step 2. Cool and store in airtight bag in refrigerator.
- Make French Bean Casserole, but do not bake. Store in refrigerator.
1 day before dinner:
- Make souffles through step 3.
4 hours before dinner:
- Bring casserole to room temperature.
- Cook roast.
- Finish making dressing.
- Defrost cake.
1-2 hours before guests arrive:
- Finish potatoes.
30 minutes before dinner:
- Cook casserole.
25 minutes before dessert:
- Bake souffles.