Special Occasion Asian Menu
An Asian Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade menu means a quick, easy meal you'll be proud to serve your guests. The secret to the ease and speed of the meal is using great-tasting packaged foods as the base for shortcuts.
StarterFrisee Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
- Frisee Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
- Almond Chai Ice Cream
This timeline shows you how far in advance food preparation for the menu can take place. Following these tips allows maximum time with your guests and minimum fuss.
Up to 1 month before:
- Make the Almond Chai Ice Cream and freeze it.
Up to 2 weeks before dinner:
- Mix sauce for edamame.
- Mix dressing for salad, omitting cilantro, refrigerate.
Up to 1 week before dinner:
- Prepare carrots and onions for edamame dish. Cool and store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Up to 2 days before dinner:
- Chop green onions for salmon and rice dishes, store in refrigerator in airtight package.
- Make shiitake broth for rice; refrigerate broth and mushrooms separately.
Up to 1 day before dinner:
- Add cilantro to salad dressing.
Up to 6 hours before dinner:
- Remove Kung Pao Sauce from fridge to get to room temperature.
- Remove carrots and onions from fridge to get to room temperature.
- Remove shiitake broth for rice.
- Thaw beans for salad.
- Soak skewers for salmon.
- Prepare salad greens for salad.
30 minutes before dinner:
- Make salmon recipe.
20 minutes before dinner:
- Make rice dish.
15 minutes before dinner:
- Cook edamame and finish the dish.