Italian Slow-Cooker Entertaining Menu
Everyone loves Italian, and you'll love the ease of having guests for dinner when you make the entree in a slow cooker. Following the timeline gives you plenty of time to enjoy your guests.
Upload your photo here.
Main CoursePepper Steak
This timeline shows you how far in advance food preparation for the menu can take place. Following these tips allows maximum time with your guests and minimum fuss.
Up to 2 days before dinner
- Prepare Fennel and Onions: cover and refrigerate.
- Make meringue shells: cool, store in an airtight container.
- Make fluffy lemon filling: cover and refrigerate (if using).
Up to 1 day before dinner
- Prepare Smoked Salmon with Pesto Spread: cover and refrigerate.
- Slice carrots, mushrooms, and green onions for Basil Peas and Mushrooms. Place each in a zip-top bag and refrigerate.
- Dice onion and shredded cheese for Risotto. Place each in a zip-top bag and refrigerate.
Up to 10 hours before dinner
- Prepare Pepper Steak. Cook on low in slow cooker.
Up to 2 hours before dinner
- Slice fruit for meringue shells; cover.
40 minutes before dinner
- Reheat Fennel and Onions dish. Prepare Basil Peas and Mushrooms.
- Prepare Risotto.
20 minutes before dinner
- Invert Salmon Spread onto platter and add crackers.
After serving entree
- Fill meringue shells and serve immediately.