Slightly Beaten Eggs
Slightly beaten eggs
Use a fork to beat the whole egg until the yolk and white are combined and no streaks remain.
Egg whites beaten to soft
- Any fat (egg yolk, butter, oil) will inhibit egg whites from whipping properly.
- Clean all equipment with vinegar to neutralize any residual fat on their surfaces.
- Place egg whites in glass or metal bowl (do not use plastic).
- For the best results, separate your eggs while they're cold. Then let the whites sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed or with a rotary beater until they form peaks with tips that curl over when the beaters are lifted.
Egg whites beaten to stiff
- Follow instructions for soft peaks, but beat egg whites on high until they form peaks with tips that stand straight when the beaters are lifted out.
Beating Egg Yolks
Beaten egg yolks
- Beat yolks with an electric mixer on high speed for about five minutes.
- Color should be light yellow.
- Yolks should be thick and fall in a ribbon pattern when beaters are lifted out.
Continued on page 2: