Dressed-Up Dinner Rolls
Using a 16-piece package of frozen white roll dough, make Checkerboard Rolls, following these six easy steps.
continue reading below
- Combine 2 tablespoons each of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and lemon-pepper seasoning in one shallow dish.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of cornmeal and 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese in another shallow dish.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a third dish.
- Coat each roll of dough with melted butter so the seasonings stick.
- Next dip the buttered ball of roll dough into the poppy seed-sesame seed or cornmeal-cheese mixture.
- Place the coated balls of roll dough in the baking pan, forming a checkerboard pattern -- then proceed with thawing, rising, and baking directions on the roll package.