What You Need:
- Knife or clean scissors
- 4 hot dogs (or Polish sausages or brats)
- Hoagie bun
- 2 donut holes
- Sliced cheese
- Strawberry licorice lace
- Maraschino cherry
- Red fruit-flavored gumdrop circle
1. For the paws, make two cuts -- 1/2 inch long -- into one end of each hot dog. Cook hot dogs.
2. Assemble the dog, using the bun for the body, hot dogs for the legs, a carrot stick for the tail, sliced cheese for the ears, and two donut holes for the muzzle.
3. Add onion pieces and olive halves for eyes, attaching them to the bun with thin carrot sticks or toothpicks.
4. Push pieces of strawberry licorice lace into muzzle for whiskers. Top the muzzle with a cherry nose.
5. Cut the gumdrop circle in a teardrop shape for the tongue.