continue reading below
- Use an 8- to 10-inch nonstick omelet pan for a two-egg omelet. It has sloped sides to help you slide out the finished omelet.
- Coat the omelet pan with nonstick cooking spray or melt butter in the pan. Heat pan until a drop of water sizzles.
- Cook the omelet over medium heat. As the eggs set, lift their edge with a spatula to allow the uncooked egg on the top to flow underneath.
- When the eggs are set but still shiny, spoon filling ingredients across center of omelet. Fold sides of omelet over filling and slide omelet from pan.
- You can experiment with different fillings too -- refer to our recipe.