Elegant Southwestern Beef Entertaining Menu
Southwestern food is very popular these days, and with good reason. The flavors jump out at you and don't let go. Every dish is exciting in this meal, and all are easy to prepare. Follow the timeline and you'll be enjoying your guests as much as they're enjoying the dinner you prepared.
This timeline shows you how far in advance food preparation for the menu can take place. Following these tips allows maximum time with your guests and minimum fuss.
Up to 2 days before dinner
- Prepare gazpacho. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare dressing for Wilted Garden Greens Salad. Follow step 2 for dressing, cool, transfer to jar, and refrigerate.
Up to 1 day before dinner
- Prepare Southwestern Tri-Tip Roast through step 1. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare Spanish Rice and cool. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare Chipotle-Lime Butter. Cover and refrigerate.
- Wash and dry greens for Wilted Garden Greens Salad. Cover and refrigerate.
Up to 6 hours before dinner
- Measure all ingredients except ice cream for Bananas Foster, set aside to make dessert at the last minute. Do not slice bananas.
1 hour before dinner
- Roast beef in 425-degree oven, following directions in step 2 of recipe.
- Dice avocado for gazpacho.
40 minutes before dinner
- Gently reheat Spanish Rice in microwave at 50 percent power, stirring frequently.
- Cook corn on the cob.
- Transfer salad dressing to skillet, heat, and toss with greens.
Immediately after entree
- Slice bananas for Bananas Foster, cook according to directions, and serve over ice cream.