Zucchini Cupcakes with Greek Yogurt Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat together eggs and milk. Add quinoa, zucchini, applesauce, oil, and vanilla; stir until well mixed. Add quinoa mixture to flour mixture, gently stirring to combine. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Loosen edges; remove from muffin cups. Cool on wire rack about 1 hour or until completely cool. Frost with Greek Yogurt Frosting; sprinkle with lemon peel.
From the Test Kitchen
These slightly sweet cupcakes can double as morning muffins with a simple drizzle of honey.
For 1 cup cooked quinoa, rinse 1/3 cup quinoa. Place in a small saucepan with 2/3 cup water. Cook according to package directions. Cool. Measure out 1 cup. Use any remaining cooked quinoa in salads.
Greek Yogurt Frosting
- In a mixing bowl whisk together yogurt, agave nectar, and vanilla.
Nutrition Facts (Zucchini Cupcakes with Greek Yogurt Frosting)
- Per serving:
- 167 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 32 mg chol.,
- 161 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet