Zesty Bean Posole
- In a 4-quart slow cooker combine hominy, beans, broth, salsa, and oregano. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- With 30 minutes of cook time remaining, increase to high-heat setting if necessary. In a small bowl stir together cream and flour until smooth; stir into mixture in cooker. Cover; cook for 30 minutes more or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Top with green onions and shredded cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Zesty Bean Posole)
- Per serving:
- 278 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 27 mg chol. ,
- 1363 mg sodium ,
- 40 g carb. ,
- 11 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.
Dana Ybarra-Lee 1354 Days Ago
I substituted the half and half for a high grade canned coconut milk and the jarred salsa for fresh and it was wonderful.... with a side of crusty bread.... yum
Teresa Menard 1387 Days Ago
I loved this recipe , the only thing I did different was added Italian sausage to the dish, my family ate it up and asked for seconds. It was so simple to make.
Cheryl Drake 1425 Days Ago
I also made exactly as recipe states and I loved it, very delicious!! Nummers!! Will be making again and again.
Beth Dewey Stanford 1427 Days Ago
made this exactly as the recipe states - with the garnishes. it was both incredibly easy and delicious! i was wary about dumping a jar of salsa into a dish but the first bite proved me wrong. YUM. will definitely make again soon.