- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 35 mins to 40 mins 375°F
Wheat & Oat Bread
Nonstick cooking spray
cup regular rolled oats, toasted*
tablespoons toasted wheat germ
teaspoons baking powder
cups fat-free milk
cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
tablespoons cooking oil
tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- Coat the bottom and side of an 8x1 1/2-inch round baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, toasted oats, the 3 tablespoons wheat germ, the sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl combine the milk, egg product, and oil. Add the milk mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon wheat germ.
- Bake in a 375 degrees oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool bread in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast rolled oats, place in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until oats are lightly browned, shaking pan once.
Nutrition Facts (Wheat & Oat Bread)
- Per serving:
- 116 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 108 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBread Recipes
Recipe CollectionsOur Best Fall Recipes