- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats, toasted*
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
1. Coat the bottom and side of an 8x1 1/2-inch round baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl stir together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, toasted oats, the 3 tablespoons wheat germ, the sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl combine the milk, egg product, and oil. Add the milk mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon wheat germ.
3. Bake in a 375 degrees oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool bread in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
- To toast rolled oats, place in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until oats are lightly browned, shaking pan once.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 116,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 20,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 4,
- vit. A (RE) 21,
- sodium (mg) 108,
- calcium (mg) 71,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Starch () 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet