Sunrise Whole Wheat Griddle Cakes
- In a small saucepan stir together apricot nectar and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in honey, margarine or butter, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Stir until margarine melts. Keep warm.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, and oil. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork until completely moistened. Stir in pecans.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet, making about 18 pancakes. If necessary, spread batter to a 4-inch circle. Cook until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook other sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and slightly dry edges. Serve with sauce. Makes 18 pancakes (6 to 8 servings).
Nutrition Facts (Sunrise Whole Wheat Griddle Cakes)
- Per serving:
- 477 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 77 mg chol.,
- 482 mg sodium,
- 66 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet