Sunrise Whole Wheat Griddle Cakes
12 ounce can apricot nectar
tablespoon margarine or butter
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon lemon juice
tablespoon baking powder
tablespoon brown sugar
tablespoons cooking oil
cup chopped pecans
- In a small saucepan stir together apricot nectar and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in honey, margarine or butter, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Stir until margarine melts. Keep warm.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, and oil. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork until completely moistened. Stir in pecans.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet, making about 18 pancakes. If necessary, spread batter to a 4-inch circle. Cook until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook other sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and slightly dry edges. Serve with sauce. Makes 18 pancakes (6 to 8 servings).
Nutrition Facts(Sunrise Whole Wheat Griddle Cakes)
- Per serving:
- 477 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 77 mg chol.,
- 482 mg sodium,
- 66 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet