Rosemary Satin Dinner Rolls
package active dry yeast
cup cream-style cottage cheese
tablespoons finely chopped onion
teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
egg yolk, slightly beaten
- In a large mixing bowl stir together 3/4 cup of the flour and the yeast; set aside. In a small saucepan combine cottage cheese, the 1/4 cup water, butter, onion, salt, and crushed rosemary. Heat and stir until warm (120 degree F to 130 degree F) and butter is almost melted.
- Add cottage cheese mixture to flour mixture. Add the whole egg. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can with a wooden spoon.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 12 balls. Place each in a greased muffin cup or shape into desired shapes. Stir together the egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water; brush onto dough.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 minutes). Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Makes 12 rolls.
Nutrition Facts(Rosemary Satin Dinner Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 148 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 47 mg chol.,
- 196 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet