Reduced-Calorie Banana Bread
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together egg whites, banana, sugar, and oil. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture just until moistened.
- Spray an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool thoroughly on a wire rack. For easier slicing, wrap the bread in plastic wrap and store overnight. Makes 1 loaf (16 servings).
From the Test Kitchen
Cool completely. Wrap in foil, then seal in a plastic bag. Freeze up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Reduced-Calorie Banana Bread)
- Per serving:
- 130 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 96 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet