- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105 degree F to 115 degree F)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a small bowl, stir yeast into warm water; let stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, oil, and salt. Stir in the yeast mixture. Add 1-1/4 cups of the flour. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Lightly grease a large bowl; place dough in bowl and cover with a damp towel (make sure the towel does not touch the dough). Let dough rise in a warm place until double in size (30 minutes).
4. Punch dough down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16x12-inch rectangle. Place in a greased 16x12x1-inch baking pan. Cover with damp towel and let rise for 20 minutes.
5. Add desired toppings and bake as directed. Makes 1 (16x12-inch) izza, 2 (12-inch) pizzas, or 8 (7-inch) pizzas.
- Prepare as directed, except divide dough in half after Step 3; roll each half into a 12-inch circle. Use two greased 12-inch pizza pans instead of the 16x12-inch rectangular pan.
- Prepare as directed, except divide dough into 8 portions after Step 3; roll each portion into a 7-inch circle. Place in eight greased individual 7-inch pizza pans or place dough circles on greased baking sheets instead of the 16x12-inch rectangular pan.
- cal. (kcal) 240,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 26,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 39,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 6,
- sodium (mg) 84,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet