- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups shredded cooked beef or pork
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped bok choy, napa cabbage, or green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/3 cup thinly bias-sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 16 ounce package hot roll mix
- 1 beaten egg
- Sesame seed
1. For filling, in a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add beef and red pepper; cook for 3 minutes. Add bok choy or other cabbage, ginger root, and orange peel; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bok choy is wilted. Stir in onions and hoisin sauce; remove from heat. Cool.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the hot roll mix according to package directions. Divide dough into 24 portions. Roll each portion into a ball. On a lightly floured surface roll or pat each ball into a 3-1/2-inch circle.
3. For each bun, place about 1 tablespoon of the filling in center of a circle. Moisten edges of dough with water and bring up around filling, pinching the edges together to seal.
4. Arrange the filled buns, seam sides down, on 2 lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with sesame seed. Bake in a 375 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until golden. Makes 24 servings.
- Prepare and cook buns as directed. Cool for 30 minutes; wrap in heavy foil and freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, leave the frozen buns in foil wrap. Bake in 325 degree F oven about 40 minutes or until heated through. Makes 24 buns.
- cal. (kcal) 126,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 28,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 16,
- pro. (g) 7,
- vit. A (RE) 31,
- vit. C (mg) 3,
- sodium (mg) 188,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet