Mandarin Beef Buns
- For filling, in a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add beef and red pepper; cook for 3 minutes. Add bok choy or other cabbage, ginger root, and orange peel; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bok choy is wilted. Stir in onions and hoisin sauce; remove from heat. Cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the hot roll mix according to package directions. Divide dough into 24 portions. Roll each portion into a ball. On a lightly floured surface roll or pat each ball into a 3-1/2-inch circle.
- For each bun, place about 1 tablespoon of the filling in center of a circle. Moisten edges of dough with water and bring up around filling, pinching the edges together to seal.
- Arrange the filled buns, seam sides down, on 2 lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with sesame seed. Bake in a 375 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until golden. Makes 24 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and cook buns as directed. Cool for 30 minutes; wrap in heavy foil and freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, leave the frozen buns in foil wrap. Bake in 325 degree F oven about 40 minutes or until heated through. Makes 24 buns.
Nutrition Facts (Mandarin Beef Buns)
- Per serving:
- 126 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 28 mg chol.,
- 188 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet