Festive Fruit-and-Nut Panettone
- Add the first 11 ingredients to a 2-pound bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions. Select the dough cycle.
- Meanwhile, coat an 8x3-inch springform pan or souffle dish with cooking spray. For collar, cut a piece of clean brown wrapping paper into a 25x6-inch strip. Fit the collar around the inside of prepared pan, overlapping slightly. Coat the inside of collar with cooking spray. Set aside.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough. Punch down. On a lightly floured surface, gently knead in raisins. Shape dough into a ball. Place in collared pan and flatten slightly to cover bottom of pan. Cover; let rise in a warm place for 45 to 60 minutes or until nearly double.
- Stir together the 1 egg and the water; brush over top of loaf. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon pine nuts. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into center of bread comes out clean. If necessary, loosely cover with foil the last 10 to 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Festive Fruit-and-Nut Panettone)
- Per serving:
- 386 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 57 mg chol.,
- 189 mg sodium,
- 56 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet