Easy Herb Focaccia
- Coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan or a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Prepare the hot roll mix according to package directions for the basic dough, using the 1 egg and substituting the 2 tablespoons olive oil for the margarine. Knead dough; allow to rest as directed. If using the large baking pan, roll dough into a 15x10-inch rectangle and carefully transfer to prepared pan. If using the pizza pan, roll dough into a 12-inch circle and carefully transfer to prepared pan.
- In a nonstick skillet cook onion and rosemary in the 2 teaspoons hot olive oil until tender. With fingertips, press indentations every inch or so in dough. Top dough evenly with onion mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 minutes).
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove focaccia from pan; cool completely. Makes 24 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and bake focaccia as directed. Wrap in heavy foil and freeze for up to one month. Thaw at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts (Easy Herb Focaccia)
- Per serving:
- 88 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 9 mg chol.,
- 113 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet