- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 cups self-rising flour*
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dillseed
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 12 ounce can beer
1. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, sugar, dillseed, and dillweed. Add beer and stir until well combined. Spread batter in the prepared pan.
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 45 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when lightly tapped. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve or wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Makes 1 loaf (16 servings)
- If desired, substitute 3 cups all-purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon baking soda for the self-rising flour.
- Line basket with napkin. Nestle loaf in napkin. Tie a yellow ribbon around the basket, then tie it into a bow on the top. Trim ends, if needed. Tuck an edible flower into the bow.
- For a more earthy presentation, use a natural basket and plaid ribbon, and tuck in a small fresh pepper.
- Clean napkin in desired color, elegant wire basket, yellow ribbon, scissors, and edible flower.