Creamy Caramel-Pecan Rolls
- Grease two 9 x 1-1/2-inch round baking pans; set pans aside. For topping, in a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and whipping cream; divide evenly between prepared baking pans. Sprinkle pecans evenly over sugar mixture.
- In another small bowl stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with brown sugar-cinnamon mixture. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- Roll up each rectangle starting from a long side. Seal seams. Slice each roll into 12 pieces. Place, cut sides down, on topping in pans.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 minutes). Break any surface bubbles with a greased toothpick.
- Bake in a 375 degree f oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown (if necessary, cover rolls with foil the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning). Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully invert rolls onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Makes 24 rolls.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as above through step 3. Cover with oiled waxed paper, then with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Before baking, let chilled rolls stand, covered, for 30 minutes at room temperature. Uncover and bake chilled rolls for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Continue as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Creamy Caramel-Pecan Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 172 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 9 mg chol. ,
- 19 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.