Creamy Caramel-Pecan Rolls
Use frozen bread dough to make these all-time favorite sweet rolls to serve warm from the oven.
- Yields: 24 rolls
- Prep: 25 mins
- Rise: 1 hr
- Bake: 20 mins to 25 mins 375°
- Grease two 9 x 1-1/2-inch round baking pans; set pans aside. For topping, in a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and whipping cream; divide evenly between prepared baking pans. Sprinkle pecans evenly over sugar mixture.
- In another small bowl stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with brown sugar-cinnamon mixture. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- Roll up each rectangle starting from a long side. Seal seams. Slice each roll into 12 pieces. Place, cut sides down, on topping in pans.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 minutes). Break any surface bubbles with a greased toothpick.
- Bake in a 375 degree f oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown (if necessary, cover rolls with foil the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning). Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully invert rolls onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Makes 24 rolls.
Prepare as above through step 3. Cover with oiled waxed paper, then with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Before baking, let chilled rolls stand, covered, for 30 minutes at room temperature. Uncover and bake chilled rolls for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Continue as directed.
- Per serving:
- 172 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 9 mg chol.,
- 19 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet