Upload your photo here.
Cream-Cheese-Frosted Cinnamon Rolls
- Grease a 9x1-1/2-inch round baking pan; set aside. Roll sweet-roll or bread dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread the 1/4 cup butter or margarine evenly over dough.
- Stir together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over dough. Roll up dough rectangle into a spiral, starting from a short side; prick dough to seal seam. Slice into 8 equal pieces. Place slices in prepared pan.
- Cover and let dough rise until nearly double in size (30 to 45 minutes). Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove rolls from oven. Invert rolls onto a wire rack. Invert again onto a serving platter. In a small mixing bowl, place cream cheese, the 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, and the vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat in enough milk (2 to 3 teaspoons) to make frosting of spreading consistency. Spread cream cheese frosting atop each hot roll so frosting flows over edges. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and bake cinnamon rolls as directed. Do not frost. Place cooled rolls into a freezer container or sealed plastic bag; freeze for up to 3 months. Before serving, preheat oven to 300 degree F. Wrap the frozen cinnamon rolls in foil and bake about 25 minutes or until warm. Frost hot rolls with the cream cheese frosting as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Cream-Cheese-Frosted Cinnamon Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 354 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 59 mg chol.,
- 198 mg sodium,
- 54 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet