- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- Sifted powdered sugar
1. Add the first 7 ingredients to bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions. Select the dough cycle. When cycle is complete, remove dough. Punch down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl stir together the walnuts or pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14x9-inch rectangle. Spread with 1 tablespoon margarine or butter and sprinkle with filling. Starting from both short sides, roll up each side into a spiral toward the center. Place, rolled side up, in a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise about 30 minutes or until nearly double.
4. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven about 30 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when lightly tapped. If necessary, loosely cover with foil the last 10 minutes to prevent over browning. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 1 loaf (16 servings).
- Bake and cool bread. Do not dust with powdered sugar. Wrap in foil and place in large plastic freezer bag or freezer container. Seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator or 2 hours at room temperature. Place foil-wrapped frozen bread in a 300 degree F. oven for 25 minutes or just until warm. Serve as above.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 171,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 14,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 26,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 145,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet