Apple Strudel Bread
- Add the first 7 ingredients to a 1-1/2- or 2-pound bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions. Select the dough cycle. When cycle is complete, remove dough. Punch down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; grease foil and set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 24x12-inch rectangle. Brush with the softened margarine.
- For filling, in a medium bowl combine apples, brown sugar, raisins, the 4 teaspoons flour, and cinnamon. Starting about 2 inches from a long side, spoon filling in a 3-inch-wide band across dough. Starting from the long side, carefully roll into a spiral. Brush edge with a little water; seal seam and ends. Carefully place roll, seam down, in the prepared pan, curving to form a crescent shape.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place about 45 minutes or until nearly double. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough milk (2 to 4 teaspoons) to make a glaze of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bread.
Nutrition Facts (Apple Strudel Bread)
- Per serving:
- 251 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 13 mg chol.,
- 187 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet