Apple Strudel Bread
cup margarine or butter, cut up
cups bread flour
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
cups thinly sliced, peeled apples
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoon ground cinnamon
cup sifted powdered sugar
- Add the first 7 ingredients to a 1-1/2- or 2-pound bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions. Select the dough cycle. When cycle is complete, remove dough. Punch down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; grease foil and set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 24x12-inch rectangle. Brush with the softened margarine.
- For filling, in a medium bowl combine apples, brown sugar, raisins, the 4 teaspoons flour, and cinnamon. Starting about 2 inches from a long side, spoon filling in a 3-inch-wide band across dough. Starting from the long side, carefully roll into a spiral. Brush edge with a little water; seal seam and ends. Carefully place roll, seam down, in the prepared pan, curving to form a crescent shape.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place about 45 minutes or until nearly double. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough milk (2 to 4 teaspoons) to make a glaze of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bread.
Nutrition Facts(Apple Strudel Bread)
- Per serving:
- 251 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 13 mg chol.,
- 187 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet