- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, cut up
- 1 egg
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 3 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 teaspoons bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Add the first 7 ingredients to a 1-1/2- or 2-pound bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions. Select the dough cycle. When cycle is complete, remove dough. Punch down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
2. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; grease foil and set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 24x12-inch rectangle. Brush with the softened margarine.
3. For filling, in a medium bowl combine apples, brown sugar, raisins, the 4 teaspoons flour, and cinnamon. Starting about 2 inches from a long side, spoon filling in a 3-inch-wide band across dough. Starting from the long side, carefully roll into a spiral. Brush edge with a little water; seal seam and ends. Carefully place roll, seam down, in the prepared pan, curving to form a crescent shape.
4. Cover and let rise in a warm place about 45 minutes or until nearly double. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
5. In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough milk (2 to 4 teaspoons) to make a glaze of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bread.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 251,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 13,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 44,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 4,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 187,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet