Whole Wheat Chocolate-Blueberry Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a blender combine the water, blueberries, and egg. Cover and blend until smooth. Add blueberry mixture to flour mixture. Whisk until well combined. Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place cake in pan on a wire rack; cool completely. Invert onto a serving platter.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl combine dessert topping and chocolate pieces. Microwave, covered, on 50 percent power (medium) for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Let stand for 5 minutes. Pour onto cooled cake, spreading evenly. Serve cake with Blueberry Sauce, fresh blueberries, and, if desired, mint leaves.
- In blender combine dessert topping and blueberries. Cover and blend until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Whole Wheat Chocolate-Blueberry Cake)
- Per serving:
- 230 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 24 mg chol.,
- 176 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 31 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet