- Makes: 48 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 8 mins per batch at 375 degrees F
Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies
eggs or 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
cup vegetable oil
cup regular rolled oats
cup barley flour
cup oat bran
cup wheat bran
tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
cup chopped walnuts
cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl beat eggs lightly with a fork; stir in sugar, oil, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together whole wheat flour, rolled oats, barley flour, oat bran, wheat bran, dry milk powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces, walnuts, and, if desired, coconut.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set and bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
Nutrition Facts (Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 94 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 9 mg chol.,
- 19 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBrownies and Bars, Chocolate Cakes, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Cookies, Dark Chocolate Desserts, Desserts, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Milk Chocolate Desserts, White Chocolate Desserts