White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a small bowl toss together crushed cookies and melted butter until combined. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan that has a removable bottom. Set aside.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 6 ounces melted chocolate with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour filling over crust in pan, spreading evenly. Place in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 45 minutes or until a 2 1/2-inch area around outside edge appears set when gently shaken.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen cheesecake from sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- If desired, dip berries into additional melted chocolate; let stand until chocolate is set. Arrange on top of cheesecake.
From the Test Kitchen
This cheesecake puffs during baking, then settles as it cools. The surface of the cheesecake may crack. To help prevent any cracks from forming, try baking the cheesecake in a water bath. Prepare crust as directed; press onto bottom of springform pan. Place pan on a double layer of 18x12-inch heavy foil. Bring edges of foil up and mold around sides of pan to form a watertight seal. Prepare filling; pour over crust in pan. Place pan in a roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of springform pan. Bake about 55 minutes or until edges of cheesecake jiggle slightly when the pan is gently shaken. Turn off oven; allow cheesecake to stand in oven for 1 hour (cheesecake will continue to set up during standing). Carefully remove springform pan from water; remove foil from pan. Cool and chill as directed.
Nutrition Facts (White Chocolate Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 580 kcal cal.,
- 40 g fat
- (21 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 160 mg chol.,
- 374 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 23 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet