White Chocolate and Jam S'mores
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the jam on the bottoms of four of the Chocolate Graham Crackers. Divide white chocolate evenly among the jam-topped crackers. Toast marshmallows;** place on top of chocolate. Top with the remaining four crackers, bottom sides down.
From the Test Kitchen
If you like, use solid chocolate crackers for the bottoms of the s'mores and crackers with small cutouts for the tops.
To toast marshmallows, thread onto the end of a long skewer. Hold over the flame of a gas stove for 30 to 60 seconds or until lightly browned, turning frequently. Or use a chef's kitchen torch to lightly brown the marshmallows.
Preheat broiler. Spread 2 tablespoons of the jam on the bottoms of four of the Chocolate Graham Crackers and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Divide white chocolate evenly among the jam-topped crackers; add untoasted marshmallows. Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 30 to 60 seconds or until marshmallows are lightly browned. Remove from broiler. Top with the remaining four crackers, bottom sides down.
Chocolate Graham Crackers
- In a small saucepan cook and stir chocolate, milk, and honey over low heat until chocolate is melted. Cool for 15 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- In a large bowl stir together all-purpose flour, brown sugar, whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in chocolate mixture just until combined. If necessary, knead dough gently to form a ball. Divide dough into fourths. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of the dough at a time until 1/8 inch thick. Cut out dough with a 3-inch scalloped square cookie cutter. If desired, cut small shapes out of half of the squares. Place dough squares on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
Nutrition Facts (White Chocolate and Jam S'mores)
- Per serving:
- 449 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 9 mg chol.,
- 169 mg sodium,
- 78 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 59 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet