White Balsamic-Rosemary Pickled Mushrooms
- In a large stainless-steel, enamel, or nonstick saucepan combine mushrooms and lemon juice. Add enough water to cover; bring to boiling. Boil for 1 minute; drain.
- In a medium stainless-steel, enamel, or nonstick saucepan combine balsamic vinegar, wine vinegar, honey, rosemary, peppercorns, salt, and garlic. Bring mixture to boiling, stirring to dissolve honey; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in shallots.
- Pack mushrooms into hot sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Pour hot vinegar mixture over mushrooms, distributing the rosemary, peppercorns, and garlic evenly among jars and maintaining the 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 20 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks. Makes 5 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts (White Balsamic-Rosemary Pickled Mushrooms)
- Per serving:
- 89 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 334 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 18 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet