White Balsamic-Rosemary Pickled Mushrooms
pounds fresh cremini and/or button mushrooms, halved or quartered
tablespoons lemon juice
cups white balsamic vinegar
cup white wine vinegar
tablespoons snipped fresh rosemary
teaspoons whole black peppercorns
teaspoons kosher salt
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons finely chopped shallots (3 medium)
- In a large stainless-steel, enamel, or nonstick saucepan combine mushrooms and lemon juice. Add enough water to cover; bring to boiling. Boil for 1 minute; drain.
- In a medium stainless-steel, enamel, or nonstick saucepan combine balsamic vinegar, wine vinegar, honey, rosemary, peppercorns, salt, and garlic. Bring mixture to boiling, stirring to dissolve honey; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in shallots.
- Pack mushrooms into hot sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Pour hot vinegar mixture over mushrooms, distributing the rosemary, peppercorns, and garlic evenly among jars and maintaining the 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 20 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks. Makes 5 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts(White Balsamic-Rosemary Pickled Mushrooms)
- Per serving:
- 89 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 334 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 18 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet